In 1912, initially founded as the college of Marshall after a war to create a Southern Baptist college in East Texas. The university was formally located in Van Zandt Plantation, which is the highest altitude in Harrison country. The campus first building was completed in 1916, comprising of Gymnasium, library, administrative offices and classrooms. In 1917, the college was officially open as two year junior college and academy. Later in 1944, it was renamed as East Baptist College.
The following is the list of scholars from East Texas Baptist University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences