GET THE APP
The Ethiopian Institute of architecture, Building Construction and city Development was formally inaugurated on March 6, 2010. It is the newest chapter of an extended and vivid history of the college. Before changing into EiABC, the school was a part of the faculty of Technology of Addis Ababa University. And before that, it absolutely was referred to as the Ethio-Swedish Institute, or in short: the Building college. This establishment was based in 1954 through a bilateral agreement between the Ethiopian and Swedish Governments. The initial educational theme, launched in 1955, aimed to supply a three-year certification program in Building Engineering. At the end of the 1957/58 school year the coaching was upgraded to a four-year program resulting in a B.Sc. Degree in Building Engineering. As a results of recommendations created at numerous times, particularly those of the Presidential Commission in 1968, and therefore the report of the Technical Survey Team of 1969, the Building college and therefore the faculty of Engineering incorporated to create the school of Technology in 1969 until 2009 underneath Addis Ababa University.