"Marika Eliadi" maternity hospital was founded by Helena Venizelou. Upon acknowledging, in 1926, that in the entire greater capital district (of some 400.000 inhabitants at the time) there were only three inadequately operating maternity hospitals (the Public Maternity Hospital, 70 beds, the "Tzaneio" Hospital Obstetric Department, 10 beds, and the Community Maternity Hospital) with deficiencies in scientific instruments and appropriately educated staff, she decided to donate to the city of Athens a scientifically complete maternity hospital that would cover all of the capitals needs and tuition for this skilled and educated midwives for the entire country especially for the rural provinces for this. Purpose she visited the Lausagne maternity hospital to discuss with its architect, professor G. Epitaux. On February 16th, 1933, the main large central building of what is nowadays Helena Venizelou General - Maternity Hospital was founded, named after the donators dear friend, Marika Eliadis. Soon after this, it acquired the fame of being the first and foremost in its kind in the entire Balkan region.
The following is the list of scholars from General Maternity State Hospital who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from General Maternity State Hospital that are published in OMICS International journals.