alexa IIT Khadakpur

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

IIT Khadakpur

The motto of IIT Kharagpur is "Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam". This literally translates to "Excellence in action is Yoga", essentially implying that doing your work well is (true) yoga. This can be traced to Sri Krishna's discourse with Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita. The quote, in the larger context of the Gita, urges man to acquire equanimity because a mind of equanimity allows a man to shed distracting thoughts of the effects of his deeds and concentrate on the task before him. Equanimity is the source of perfection in Karmic endeavours that leads to Salvation. The history of the IIT system dates back to 1946 when a committee was set up by Hon'ble Sir Jogendra Singh, Member of the Viceroy's Executive Council, Department of Education, Health and Agriculture to consider the setting up of Higher Technical Institutions for post war industrial development in India. The 22 member committee headed by Sri N.R.Sarkar, in its report, recommended the establishment of four Higher Technical Institutions in the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern regions, possibly on the lines of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, with a number of secondary institutions affiliated to it. The report also urged the speedy establishment of all the four institutions with the ones in the East and the West to be started immediately. The committee also felt that such institutes would not only produce undergraduates but they should be engaged in research, producing research workers and technical teachers as well. The standard of the graduates should be at par with those from first class institutions abroad. They felt that the proportion of undergraduates and postgraduate students should be 2:1. There were 224 freshers and 42 teachers in August 1951 when the first session started. The class rooms, laboratories and the Administrative office wer ehoused in the historic building of the Hijli Detention Camp. The Institute started its academic programme with only ten Departments. On March, 1952, Pandit Nehru laid the foundation stone of the New Building.