Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE), set up in 2010 is a brainchild of the then CM of Gujarat Shri Narendra Modi. He needed to set up a foundation which would deliver world class teachers. When the world is confronting deficiency of educators, he needed India to lead from the front. Couses offered are:
• B.SC. and B.ED.
• M. A / M.SC. M.ED (INTEGRATED)
• PH.D. (EDUCATION) Vision and Mission:
• To sustain teachers of tomorrow with the transformative learning of Indian convention and introduce another period of teacher education, centering upon the fundamental development of teachers.
• To give coordinated courses in teacher education, stamped and characterized by worldwide outlook, interdisciplinary and value-education. Departments:
1. Center of Education:
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Biology
• Department of Arts
• Department of Education
• Department of Physics
2. Center of Training:
• Guru Drona Skill Development Center The Central Library of IITE has been developed with the main objective of the institute to become a world class institution to educate teacher of tomorrow. The library has the gathering of books on Education, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Humanities and Social Sciences. The accumulation incorporates reference books, Journals, periodicals, reference books, Dictionaries, course books, CDs and so forth. Students are continually in a need of best gathering of books and research diaries in electronic and additionally printed formats, for the reason, availability subscribed with INFLIBNET to e-resources; for E-journals, with different rumored online logical databases which can be gotten to for the further projects and study.