The former name for Indiana Institute of Technology is Indiana Technical College. Indiana Institute of Technology established in 1930. It is private non-profit, Ph.D.-granting University located in Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, United States. It was founded as Indiana Technical College by John A. Kalbfleisch, who was also the school's first president. It was incorporated as a proprietary school by the State of Indiana on January 10, 1931. The University is organised into five colleges. The university specializes in career-oriented degree programs in business, engineering, computer science, education, criminal justice and others. In addition to the traditional semester-long class format, Indiana Tech also offers accelerated degree programs and online programs via its College of Professional Studies. The academic staff of the university is 544 including full time and adjunct. There were total 9,652 students out of which 8,848 are undergraduates and 804 are Postgraduates. In 1953, Indiana Tech purchased the 20-acre (8.1 ha) campus of Concordia Senior College, east of downtown Fort Wayne, from the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, as Concordia was moving to its current suburban location north of Fort Wayne. In 1963 college's name was changed from Indiana Technical College to Indiana Institute of Technology.