Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya is public university in Chhattisgarh established in 1956. In 1956 King Birendra Bahadur Singh and Queen Padmavati Devi, the then King and Queen of the small princely state of Khairagarh, donated their palace to open a university of music, dance and visual arts. The university was named after their deceased daughter Indira Devi who died young and was fond of music. It was run under the Government of Madhya Pradesh until the creation of Chhattisgarh. It is asias first musical university. Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya is member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Any student or scholar from any a part in the world will come & keep within the University field for study or research analysis. Students of Music, Musicians, Musicologists, Art Critics, Music Promoters & Actor/Actress build their presence within the field to acquit the newest and therefore the best in Indian music genre, Indian Classical Dance, Visual Arts, Literature & Theatre. The university has collection of more than 40,000 books and a good number of audiotapes, CDs and video slides of Indian masters of Painting. The university also provides listening facilities to the students. The university also has a collection of works of the contemporary master painters of India, folk and tribal artists of different regions. University has a mini musical-instrument gallery having a collection of classical and folk musical instruments. There is a mini archaeological museum with a collection of regional archaeological art collections and documentation. The university also providing teaching instructions in English for the foreign students. They are containing the following departments • Department of Music • Department of Dance • Department of Visual Arts • Department of Folk Music • Department of Arts Their main objective is “to provide instructions in all branches of music and fine arts, to make provision for research and advancement of studies in music and fine arts and dissemination of knowledge their off.” This is the first and only university in the Chhattisgarh State which was accredited as Grade ‘A’ university by NAAC.