The Cartographic Institute of Catalonia (ICC ) was entity of the government of Catalonia that aimed to grip the technical tasks development of cartographic information in the sphere of competence of the government. The ICC was established in 1982 and opened in 1983, restarting the task initiated by geographic services of the Commonwealth of Catalonia and also the Government of Catalonia during 1930, therefore swapping the Service Cartographic created in 1978. Since 1985, the headquarters of the ICC stayed at the Map Library of Catalonia that has an extensive cartographic from the 15th century to the current. Jaume Canals and Miranda was the general director of the Cartographic Institute of Catalonia (ICC) from 1982 to 2014, on the 1st of February of the very same year they have created the Cartographic Institute of Catalonia and Geology (ICGC ) therefore eliminating the ICC and also the IGC. Miranda, relating the creation of the policy of geographic information of Catalonia, participated actively in the style, creation and implementation of the ICC. On the web site of the ICC is available with the Viewer Server Images Raster Images (VISS) , which is an application based on the open sorce that permits viewing and downloading the maps made by the ICC.