The Institute of Business Innovation of the Balearic Islands is a public body attached to the Conselleria d'Economia i Competitivitat.
The mission of the IDI is to promote the business development of the Balearic Islands with criteria of sustainability and territorial and sectoral rebalancing, informing companies, especially small and medium-sized companies, to improve their management and increase their competitiveness, as well as putting Within its reach these means, enhancing innovation, design, marketing and quality with maximum transparency, equanimity and efficiency.
President of this institute is: Francina Armengol i Members
Institute functions in these areas:
• Business development: support to companies, management of industrial land, etc.
• Graphic and industrial design: Impuls to Disseny, scholarships for designers, etc.
• Quality: awareness and training in management, Balears Excel•lent, sectorial plans of quality and innovation, subsidies, etc.
• Fashion: trend notebooks, fashion counseling service, etc.
The Government is structured in Councils, and each of them assumes the responsibility of managing the matters that are attributed to it and featured articles related to these departments are mentioned below:
• Vice Presidency and Conselleria of Innovation, Research and Tourism
• Ministry of the Presidency
• Ministry of Finance and Public Administration
• Ministry of Education and University
• Ministry of Social Services and Cooperation
• Ministry of Health
• Ministry of Labor, Trade and Industry
• Ministry of the Environment, Agriculture and Fisheries
• Ministry of Territory, Energy and Mobility
• Ministry of Transparency, Culture and Sports
Featured Article by the Departments:
• Opens the deadline to submit claims for the closure of Mondadori Trips (Vice Presidency and Conselleria of Innovation, Research and Tourism).
• II Plan of Equality between women and men (general services) 2016-2019 (Ministry of Finance and Public Administration).
• All teachers of the Balearic Islands, civil servants and caretakers, will begin to charge the sexenios in September 2016 (Ministry of Education and University).
• Resolution to modify the date of revision of the degrees of disability recognized with a reviewable character (Ministry of Social Services and Cooperation).
• Code of Ethics and Public Ethics Commission (Ministry of Transparency, Culture and Sports).
• Consultation prior to the drafting of the Draft Bill on Contaminated Residues and Soils of the Balearic Islands (Ministry of the Environment, Agriculture and Fisheries).
• Serveis Ferroviaris de Mallorca restructures train and metro schedules.
• Presentation of the rehabilitation project of the Inca's Principal Treatre.
• The year 2016 closes with an economic growth of 4.1%, the highest for 16 years.
• Up to 30.000 users of the Islands will be able to benefit from the Young Pack of Carnet Jove.