The International Academy of Sports Science and Technology is focused on sport management worldwide by offering sports management programs through sports management graduate programs, continuing professional education, and applied research in sport.
The AISTS mission is to apply knowledge to the study of sports, incorporating the disciplines of management, economics, technology, medicine, biology, law, logistics, sociology, and ethics. The AISTS supports sport innovation, technology transfer and business development.
The academy’s activities are built upon three pillars:
• Postgraduate education
• Continuing education
The main service offered by the academy is its Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology (MAS); a 15 month postgraduate master’s programme training sport executives.
In addition, continuing education seminars for sports management worldwide are organized under the lead of the academy including the “Sport Event Management and Organisation Seminar” (SEMOS), and the “Sustainable Sport and Events Open Module” (SSE). In addition the AISTS offer Risk Management Conferences on various topics including Security Risks at Sport Events and Sport Concussion for International Sport Governing Bodies.
The AISTS is incorporated as a foundation (Art 80ss, Swiss law), which forms a network of the following founding members:
• International Olympic Committee
• International Institute for Management Development (IMD)
• Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL)
• University of Lausanne
• University of Geneva
• Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
• Canton of Vaud
• Management & Economics
• The strong connection with the Olympic Movement having the International Olympic Committee, which is also a founding member of the AISTS and International Sport Federations lecture in class creates a deep understanding and appreciation of the Olympic Movement and Values
• The location of Lausanne, as Olympic Capital, with its high concentration of International Federations, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and international sporting events like Athletissima provides the ideal setting to study sports management
• The academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree namely the EPFL, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne.
• The multi-disciplinary approach provides individuals a 360° view of sport management with a wide range of topics covered namely Management, Law, Sociology, Technology and Medicine
• The rich network of over 140 lecturers and speakers consisting of approximately 50% academics and 50% practitioners brings theory and practice together providing a complete perspective of sports management
About Statistics :
AISTS stands for Académie Internationale des Sciences et Techniques du Sport or International Academy of Sports Science and Technology in English.Established in the year 2000
Status: Not for profit foundation incorporated in Switzerland under Swiss private law (art. 80 of the Swiss Civil Code).
Location: AISTS office and courses are based on the campus of the EPFL, the Olympic Capital, Switzerland, on the shore of Lake Geneva and at the foot of the Swiss Alps.
Activity: Interdisciplinary centre of excellence in sport management providing Education, Consulting and a platform of Connections in the sports world. The AISTS integrates scientific knowledge from multiple sciences (management, technology, law, medicine, sociology to name a few) and knowledge from federations, athletes, events hosts, governments, agencies, industry etc. in order to develop excellence and responsibility among managers and leaders of sport stakeholders.
The AISTS is in a unique position to bring together scientists and researchers from esteemed universities, with athletes, International Sports Federations (IFs), and sports companies. The AISTS facilitates the development of knowledge and its application to sport, through various projects.
The AISTS has the unique ability to bridge the gap between technology and sport by drawing on the expertise of a world-class institute of technology, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL). The EPFL is one of the AISTS founding members and hosts the AISTS headquarters. The AISTS Applied Research has 4 main areas of focus.
• Sustainable Sport
• Economic Impact
• AISTS Client Team Projects
• AISTS Clients
The President of the AISTS, EPFL Professor Jan-Anders Manson, is a world renowned scientist in the field of material composite, with over 600 scientific publications. He is also the technical advisor for equipment rules and certifications of several international sport federations, namely the International Cycling Union UCI), the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) and the International Swimming Federation (FINA). He plays an integral role in the AISTSs Applied Research projects. Depending on the requirements of the project , the AISTS is either able to carry out the plan with the AISTS executive team, or act as project leader by integrating the expertise of specialised members from its founding universities or from its network of partners. AISTS integrates knowledge across
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration particpants, each year, work closly with clients on real-life projects over six months. To date AISTS have completed 130 projects with various organisations including the IAAF, FEI, IOC, ISMF, CAA Eleven, Baku 2015 Games Academy and many more.