The university opened in 1976 by a group of Oxford academics, Buckingham is the first independent university in the United Kingdom and has used its independence to pioneer a distinctive approach to higher education.
What does a degree from IBS and The University of Buckingham guarantee?
• worldwide recognition and global acceptance
• high-quality British education; the structure, depth and quality of the courses are equivalent to those taught in Britain
• practice-based teaching with professors who have professional careers in their respective fields
• motivating learning environment with qualified academic staff and support services
• transparency and fairness of the assessment process reviewed periodically by the United Kingdoms Quality Assurance Agency and well qualified subject specialists
• highly valued door-opener degree to the best positions the world over
• opportunity to reach a high level in business English with the help of native English-speaking teachers
Master’s programme in One Year
One of the major functions of any Higher Education Institution is the development and transmission of knowledge and skills through research. Pursuant to this statement, IBS enables its staff and students to make full use of its resources to create a “research culture” consistent with its mission and aspirations.
With the quality of teaching and learning experience lying at the heart of IBS’s ethos, academic research is seen as a crucial success factor in providing
• sound theoretical foundations for all teaching,
• opportunity for faculty to continuously develop their knowledge and competencies,
• international visibility that enhances the recruitment of committed students and high-quality faculty and staff.
In this respect, IBS will always seek ways to improve
• the quality of its research,
• the impact of its research, as well as
• the volume of its research.
Beyond encouraging and providing support to individual research activities of all of its staff members, IBS has set up seven research teams, which receive additional funding and backing from the institution.
The following table provides a summary of the approved and supported research priorities and teams at IBS-B.