Irkutsk State Technical University was founded in 1930 as Siberian Mining Institute comprising 3 faculties with only 300 students. In 1993 it was renamed to Irkutsk State Technical University. The University today is a dynamically developing higher educational establishment; it represents the brightest sample of a high-level university complex with well-developed infrastructure, management system, scientific and productive environment as well as with multi-level educational system. It comprises 6 institutes, 4 main faculties and provides training in 88 specialties in the field of technology, economics, humanity and fine arts on the levels of Bachelor, Specialist, Master; a range of PhD and Doctorate courses is available as well. The quantity of students is more than 32 000 including more than 1200 international students. Teaching staff of the ISTU numbers 1200. Diverse University facilities, e.g. laboratories, excellent library with more than 1 500 000 books, Faculty of Applied Linguistics, Center of New Computer Technologies, a number of corporate training centers etc. assist the implementation of high-quality study process.
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Irkutsk State Technical University that are published in OMICS International journals.