Jan Evangelista PurkynÄ University in Ústí nad Labem (UJEP) is a public university in the Czech Republic. The institution was established on 28 September, 1991. It bears the name of famous Czech scientist Jan Evangelista PurkynÄ who was born in nearby Libochovice. More than 10,000 students are studying at the university. UJEP has around 400 academic and 300 non-academic employees.
UJEP University is currently known as the umbrella term for 8 faculties.
These are the: Faculty of Social and Economic Studies, Art and Design, Production Technology and Management , the Environment , Philosophy, Education, Science and Health Studies
WHY TO STUDY AT UJEP?
1. A good ticket to the job market
2. Dozens of study programmes and combinations
3. A way to all levels of university education – a chance for talents
4. Room for creative exploration and personal pursuit
5. Linking theoretical studies with practice
6. Spending one term abroad a commonplace
7. The generous stipend/scholarship programme – our pride
8. Accommodation stipends among the highest in the Czech Republic
9. Residential Hall with Internet connection available to everyone
10. Worthwhile leisure options Every year, thousands of young people show interest in getting enrolled in J. E. PurkynÄ University in Ústí nad Labem. On these websites, they are welcome to obtain comprehensive information making it possible for them to find their feet in the admission procedure and study options available at UJEP, as well as in the advantageousness of engaging in studies just at UJEP. The two forms of study are either full-time or combined – depending on the study programme, and field of study opted for. Applicants intending to sign up for the studies may use an Electronic Application Form. PROJECTS • Grant Agency of the Czech Republic
• University Development Fund
• Grant Scheme of Ústí nad Labem Municipality
• Internal grants as part of UJEP
• Internal grant agency for students in doctoral programmes
• Cover sheet Chapters from history: Jan Evangelista PurkynÄ Universities history dates back to 1954 when the Higher Teacher Training College was set up – to become the Pedagogical Insititute in 1959, and the Pedagogical Faculty in Ústí nad Labem (1964). Through Act No. 314/1991 Coll., the University of Jan Evangelista PurkynÄ in Ústí nad Labem was set up and solemnly inaugurated on 28 September 1991, priding itself with three faculties and an Institute. Those were the Faculty of Education, Faculty of Social and Economic Studies, Faculty of the Environment, and the Institute of Slavonic & Germanic Studies. 1993 - The Institute of Art Culture was established as an art school of an art & industrial orientation.
1998 - The Institute of Technology and Production Management was set up as part of UJEP 2000 - The Faculty of Commercial Art and Design was established, being transformed from the then Institute of Art Culture.
2003 - The Institute of Healthcare Studies, grooming students for their career in cooperation with higher healthcare school facilities of the Ústí nad Labem region, was founded.
2005 - The Institute of Humanities and Institute of Natural Sciences were established. The Institute of Natural Sciences was transformed into the Faculty of Science
2006 - The Institute of Humanities was transformed into the Faculty of Philosophy. The Institute of Technology and Production Management was transformed into the Faculty of Production Technology and Management.
2008 - The Institute of Slavonic & Germanic Studies became part of the Faculty of Philosophy. The Faculty of Commercial Art and Design changed its title to become the Faculty of Art and Design.
2012 – The Institute of Healthcare Studies was transformed into the Faculty of Health Studies.