GET THE APP
In 1952, Kanagawa Prefecture Government and Kawasaki City Government worked to attract a public hospital to the area to provide medical care for laborers in the Tokyo-Yokohama industrial zone and to bolster regional medical care. In the following year the Ministry of Health and Welfare moved to establish a central hospital for the Kanto area: Kanto Rosai Hospital. The initial construction was completed in March 1957, and the hospital was open by June 10th of the same year. Kanto Rosai started with 100 beds and 4 departments: Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Radiology.
In 1977, a complete renovation was undertaken as part of a 6-year plan. In 1980, the Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics opened, followed by the Departments of Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Nephrology in 1982. In 1989, a Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) unit was installed, and an MRI/CT Scan was installed the following year. In 1993, a high-speed CT scan was introduced. A long-term plan was initiated in 1995 to make renovations and additions to the hospital. The aim was to improve medical care for laborers and to enhance acute treatment. Construction of the new hospital building was completed in December 2004. A new chapter of Kanto Rosai began with 610 beds and 22 departments and sub-departments. Kanto Rosai now serves as the major regional medical center for acute care, with the latest technology and equipment and the highly-skilled staff needed to give patients the best possible care. Kanto Rosai also collects and analyzes patient data for research into disease prevention, early detection and improved medical treatment. Kanto Rosai strives to provide the best treatment to laborers in the region.