Kolhan University is a university located at Chaibasa in West Singhbhum district in the state of Jharkhand, India. The Kolhan University was established on 13 August 2009 with 14 Constituent Colleges and 12 Affiliated Colleges in geographical jurisdiction of East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum and Seraikela Kharswan District with more than 80,000 students strength. The University is in the area of tribal region.
The total number of students enrolled in Kolhan University for Bachelors, Masters and Vocational/Professional Courses comes to 55,500. Manish In graduation level 43,000 students have been enrolled in Part-I and Part-II. The number of Part III students are about 12,500, at present appearing from Ranchi University. Apart from that, the number of students enrolled in PG, Medical, Dental, Engineering, MBA, B.Ed. and Vocational/Add-on Courses are about 8,142 . Therefore, the total number of students enrolled is 63,642.
• B.D.S Mahila College, Ghatsila
• J.K.S College, Jamshedpur
• Loyola College of Education, Jamshedpur
• Karim City College (CPE Status by UGC), Jamshedpur
• Patamada College Jalla
• St. Augustin College, Manoharpur
• X.I.T.E Gamharia Seraikela Kharsawan
• Avadh Dental College, Jamshedpur
• B.A College of Engineering, Jamshedpur
• R.V.S Engineering College,
• M.I.T.M, Jamshedpur
• N.S.I.B.M, Jamshedpur
ACADEMICS AND STATISTICS
POST GRADUATE COURSES (25)
• Master of Commerce & Business Management Master of Arts in Anthropology
• Master of Arts in Economics Master of Arts in Geography
• Master of Arts in History Master of Arts in Urdu
• Master of Arts in Home Science Master of Arts in Political Science
• Master of Arts in Psychology Master of Arts in Bangla
• Master of Arts in English Master of Arts in Hindi
• Master of Arts in Ho Master of Arts in Kurmali
• Master of Arts in Odia Master of Arts in Philosophy
• Master of Arts in Sanskrit Master of Arts in Santhali
• Master of Arts in Sociology Master of Science in Botany
• Master of Science in Chemistry Master of Science in Geology
• Master of Science in Mathematics Master of Science in Physics
• Master of Science in Zoology
PROFESSIONAL POST GRADUATE COURSES (08)
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Arts in Mass Communication
• Master of Science in Computer Application
• Master of Education (M. Ed.)
• Master of Engineering and Technology (M. Tech.)
• Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
• Master of Surgery (MS)
• Doctor of Medicine (MD)
• Faculty of Humanities
• Faculty of Social Science
• Faculty of Science
• Faculty of Commerce and Management
UNDER GRADUATE & VOCATIONAL COURSES (14)
• B.A. / B.Sc. / B. Com.
• B. Tech.
• B.Sc. (IT)
• B. Ed.
• Mass Communication
• Water Management
• Music (Vocal/Instrumental)
• Chhau Dance
No. of UG Students:24378
No. of PG Students:13961
Research and development
• First time on-line admission is started for all UG & PG courses in all the PG Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges which was inaugurated by Hon’ble Governor-Cum-Chancellor. This has resulted in about 50% increase in the enrollment of students.
• Kolhan University became the first State University in Jharkhand to give Online Payment facility to its students.
• Research Activities are up to mark . The University has just held the Ph. D. entrance test in 2016 .
• Inter College Sports tournament in Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football, KhoKho, Kabaddi, Boxing, Archery has already been completed and for rest games are on schedule.
• Research Journals of each faculty have been published and are released by Hon’ble Governor-Cum-Chancellor of Universities of Jharkhand.
• Within 7 years of its establishment ; Kolhan University got itself Accredited by NAAC in May 2016. Thus; Kolhan University became the youngest State University in the Country to be accredited by NAAC.
• Process for construction of Smart classes with Video Conferencing facilities in each Constituent College and Post Graduate department is in progress.
• Efforts are being made to establish Solar Energy in the University Campus.
• University undertaken Social Impact Study of 05 Govt. projects and SIA of 12 Govt. projects are under consideration.