GET THE APP
The origins of the Lovelace research laboratories and the Lovelace Hospital occurred over a century ago. In part resulting from his frustration with the limited medical capabilities of his rural practice and in part through discussions at medical meetings with Drs. Will and Charlie Mayo (who established the Mayo clinic), Dr. Lovelace formed the dream of developing a multispecialty clinical center. In 1913, Dr. Lovelace moved to Albuquerque as a means of alleviating his tuberculosis symptoms. There he established a successful private practice, became Medical Director for the New Mexico Division of the Santa Fe Railroad, and became actively involved with St. Josephâs Hospital. The evolution of the Lovelace Clinic began as a partnership with Dr. Edgar Lassiter, who also sought respite from tuberculosis in New Mexico and who married Dr. Lovelaceâs sister. The health of both physicians improved, and they had long, productive careers. The group practice expanded to become the Southwestâs first center of specialty medicine. The financially astute Dr. Lovelace acquired several properties that today comprise large sections of Albuquerqueâs east side, including the Hoffmantown and Princess Jeanne developments and the land between Gibson Blvd. and Ridgecrest Dr., the site of todayâs Lovelace headquarters.
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute that are published in OMICS International journals.