Martin University Hospital located in Martin, in the country Zilnia, Slovakia. It was built in 1888 and commenced in 1889. Initially it lacked skilled doctors; it treated 200 patients per year mostly suffering from lung and intestine disorder. Laater in 1892, cholera epidemic and tuberculosis outbreak increased the need for new wards for the sick patients with infectious diseases. The region of the hospital was known for its thermal springs, and a destination for people with several illness.
Later in 1532, the hospital had its first permanent doctor and in 1680 a pharmacy was provided at the hospital site. It is basically a public hospital affiliated with Jessenius School of Medicine with around 1700 working staff and 900 beds in all the wards.
The following is the list of scholars from Martin University Hospital who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences