Mary wood University was by The Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in the year 1915 at Scranton, Pennsylvania. Marywood University enrolls about 3500 students into undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and postdoctoral programs. It owns a national herbarium with more than 10 types of trees and shrubs. It had a motto for making the people learn to “live responsibility in an independent world”. It develops the students to be socially responsible agents of change. The Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary visited Scranton, Pensylvania in the year 1878 and started St. Cecila’s Academy “for young ladies”. And later in 1902 Mount St. Marys Seminary was opened which was equivalent to high school. Later due to natural calamities the school buildings and other infrastructures were damaged beyond the extent to be repaired and thus it was combined with Scranton Preparatory School which was a boy’s school.
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Marywood University that are published in OMICS International journals.