The Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital was founded in 1910 by Annie Taylor Dee. In 1963 the Hospital Development committee proposed new hospital name in honor of LDS Church President David O. McKay, as President McKay brought the Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital into the Church Hospital System. The first open heart surgery performed in the Ogden area was done at the McKay in November 1970. With the opening of the new Dee, a new principle of patient care was introduced to the community known as "Multi-Level Care," it was preferably designed to admit the patient to the exact level of care required by the intensity of his illness and to provide him with the exact amount of professional and technological support he needs to overcome that illness. The Hospital acquired ownership of the McKay Professional building in 1978; and renamed it in honor of Lawrence T. Dee. In January 2000, McKay-Dee Hospital was recognized by HCIA as one of the best hospitals in an eight-state mountain region. McKay-Dee Hospital is dedicated to providing high quality care to patients from preventative care to medical interventions and emergency care. Heart and Stroke programs are nationally recognized by the American Heart Association and they are an American College of Surgeons (ACS) designated Level II Trauma Center. It is not-for-profit hospital, McKay-Dee Hospital’s mission is caring for people in need - regardless of their ability to pay. Each year the Hospital provides charity care to many patients who otherwise could not have afforded the care. McKay-Dee Hospital is committed to bettering the community through partnerships and programs that bring healthcare services to those who many not otherwise have access to the care they need.
The following is the list of scholars from McKay-Dee Hospital Center who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences