The Military Technical College (MTC) was established in 1958 to aid fulfilling one the basic principles of the 23rd of July revolution; “to build a strong Egyptian army“. The College started to qualify its own Egyptian teaching staff at 1960. The early groups were sent to the Czechoslovak Military Academy to get their Ph.D. degrees in different specializations of the college during the period 1964-1975. The following groups were sent to distinguished universities in France, UK, USA, Canada, Russia and China, since 1977. By 1978, the role of the Czechoslovak faculty members came to an end, and the college started to rely entirely on its own staff. In 1978 the college was assigned the mission to start graduate studies for the professional officers of the Egyptian Armed Forces. Several Ph.D. and M.Sc. degrees as well as graduate professional diplomas have already been awarded. Thousands of B.Sc. engineering officers graduated from the Military Technical College. Considering the cooperation among Egypt, Arab, and African countries; there were foreign cadets who graduated and finished their graduate studies in M.T.C. The main vision of Military Technical College is that to become one of the best international competing institutions in the fields of research, education and knowledge and it is maintaining the 14 research Centres. This university was organized 8 departments and branches for academics.