About the university
The National University of Tainan is a university in East District, Tainan, Taiwan.
1. Founded on June 30, 1899. The name of the school was ‘Tainan Teachers School’.
2. The school was renamed ‘Taiwan Provincial Tainan Normal School’ on January 5, 1946.
3. The school was upgraded to the junior college level and renamed ‘Taiwan Provincial Tainan Teachers Junior College’ on August 15, 1962.
4. The school was upgraded to the college level and renamed ‘Taiwan Provincial Tainan Teachers College’ on July 1, 1987.
5. The school was restructured to become national and renamed ‘National Tainan Teachers College’ on July 1, 1991.
6. The school was upgraded to the university level and named ‘National University of Tainan’ on August 1, 2004. It officially transformed from the teacher college into the comprehensive university.
The University is distinguished for its beautiful historical buildings, as well as high academic achievements. Bachelor, Master and Doctorate programs are offered in the following 6 colleges:
• College of Education
• College of Humanities and Social Sciences
• College of Science and Engineering
• College of Environmental Sciences and Ecology
• College of Performance and Visual Arts
• College of Management
There are currently 237 full-time faculty members in our university, including 100 Professors (42%), 94 Associate Professors (40%), 41 Assistant Professors (17%), and 2 Lecturers (1%). Among them, the number of the faculty members with PhD degree is 220 (93%). There are currently 6,352 students, 4,059 undergraduates and 1,375 postgraduates. As for the Continuing Education and Professional Development programs, there are 780 postgraduates and 138 undergraduates.
1. To establish the NUTN as a brand for talent cultivation and to well play the role of the university in the modernized society.
2. To strengthen the cooperation with local government and industry, presenting a university manifesting its rich locality and international engagement.
3. To vitalize the learning environment through the hidden curricula on campus, such as the Big Master Forum, and Innovative and Think-Out-of-Box practices.
4. To promote personnel innovation and administrative efficiency to upgrade the teaching and service quality, maintaining academic freedom, justice and learning right of students.
5. To strengthen the link with alumni and society resources to achieve the educational goal of the university.
6. To become a refined exemplary university with local and regional profound characteristics, well-connected with the international community.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from National University of Tainan that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.