About the university
National Yang-Ming University (NYMU) is a research university located in Shipai, Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan. It is famous for research in fields of Medicine, Life Sciences and Biotechnology. In the 2010 QS Asian Universities Rankings, Yang Ming University was placed 4th among universities in Taiwan and 2nd in the field of Life Science & Biomedicine. Yang-Ming is named after the Chinese philosopher Wang Yangming. The university was founded in 1975 as the National Yang-Ming College of Medicine to cultivate first-class medical professionals and biomedical scientists. In 1994 it was granted university status to National Yang-Ming University by the Ministry of Education and became the first university in Taiwan dedicated to biomedical education and research. Along with its original mission, the University now is devoted to excelling in biomedical research, and to promoting intercollegiate and international collaboration. Academics/campuses/affiliated colleges
The University currently has 7 departments and 28 graduate institutes, which are organized into 6 schools.
• School of Medicine - The School of Medicine includes the Department of Medicine and 13 institutes. According to their attributes in education and research, thesedepartments and institutes are divided into three major fields: clinical medicine, basic medical science, and public health.
• School of Dentistry - During the past years, teaching emphasis has been put on both basic sciences as well as clinical trainings. More than 800 dentists graduated from the School. Most of them are in Clinical practice to take care of peoples oral health and Social Sciences -
• Center for General Education- The Center for General Education was specially established to meet the educational goals of our university, the Whole Person Education, by providing our students a coherent body of knowledge, and meanwhile actively engaging them with "the societal, ethical, and practical implications" of their learning.
• School of Life Sciences
• School of Biomedical Science and Engineering
• School of Nursing
• School of Humanities University Statistics
In 2007, NYMU enrolled 1,836 undergraduate students and 2,297 graduate students.
• Teaching Resources
- Information and Communication Center
- Teaching Hospital
- Teaching Facilities
• Programs and Extension Education
• Cooperative Education
• Intercollegiate Cooperation
• International Exchange
• Guidance Student Activities Top researchers/research
Genomic Medicine, Bioinformatics, Neurology, Medical Engineering, Biophotonics, Pharmaceutical Science, Infectious Disease and Immunology, Brain Research, Research Center for Drug Discovery, Institute of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Research Center on International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and Assistive Technology, Cancer Research Center, BCC, Biostatistical Consultation Center, TJBCC, The Taiwan Joanna Briggs Institute Collaborating Centre.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from National Yang Ming Medical College that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.