In the 21st year of the reign of Emperor Kuanghsu, Ching Dynasty, (or the 28th year of the reign of Emperor Meiji, Japan, A.D. 1895), during the early years of Japanese rule of Taiwan, the Regenerative and Products Bureau of the Japanese Governor Generals office planned to establish a nursery, and on January 6, selected an 8750-ping(2.89ha) lot near Nanmen (South gate) in Taipei City for this purpose. This was the forerunner of the Taiwan Forestry Research Institute. In the 25th year of Kuanghsu’s reign (1899), the nursery was relocated to the Talongtung and Yuanshan areas to the north due to construction of an army garrison hospital on the original site. In October of the following year, 1900, a new plot was purchased at the present location of the Taipei Botanical Garden to reestablish the so-named Taipei Nursery. The nursery endeavored to nurture seedlings and cultivate saplings. By the 3rd year of Emperor Shuantung’s reign, Ching Dynasty (44th year of Meiji, 1911), on the foundation of the Taipei Nursery, a Forestry Experimental Station under the aegis of the Regenerative and Products Bureau of the Governor Generals Office was set up to shoulder the responsibility for forest management in Taiwan and to undertake surveys of forest resources. By the 10th year after the founding of the Republic of China (10th year of the reign of Emperor Daisho, 1921), the Japanese unified all research institutions and established the Central Research Institute. The Institute was transferred to the Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, and was formally renamed the Taiwan Forestry Research Institute, Council of Agriculture (COA), Executive Yuan. In May 2009, the forest biology division was renamed to Botanical Garden Division, and the forest extension division was renamed to Technical Service Division. Taiwan Forestry Research Institute have different botanical garden: : Taipei Botanical Garden, Fushan Botanical Garden, Lienhuachih Medicinal Herb Garden, Chiayi Arboretum, Sihhu Coastal Botanical Garden, Beizihtou Botanical Garden, Shanping Forest Ecological Science Park, Hengchun Tropical Botanical Garden The longitudinal velocity detection technology for wood and bamboo, Verification process of tree brown root rot disease control and the production of marker for verification, Show boxes for indoor ornamental plants, The propagation technology of anti-galling pest (Leptocybe invasa) clone (U49) of Eucalyptus, Native good Morinda citrifolia clones in Taiwan and their cultivation techniques, Techniques of decay inspection and diagnosis in wood elements of historical buildings and traditional architecture, The best combination of urea and lime for controlling the population of Phellinus noxius in soil, Seed production and germination technology of Cinnamomum kanehirae, Assembling kits and final products created from pruned twigs. 1. Taipei Botanical Garden In 1896, an official nursery of less than 5 hectares was established near Xiaonanmen (Little South Gate, at the present south end of Bo’ai Road) in the southwest of Taipei city. This marked the birth of the Taipei Botanical Garden. The nursery was managed by the Forestry Experimental Station of the Regenerative and Products Division. 2.Fushan Botanical Garden belongs to Fushan Experimental Forest at TFRI. It collects systematically and nourishes woody plants from low and mid-altitude areas so as to provide for academic research, teaching and practical training, environmental education, and reserve species. 3. Chiayi Arboretum Shanzihding Botanical Garden, founded n 1907, is close to Chiay Park in eastern Chiayi City and covers an area of 8.3 hectares.