The Technological Education Institute of Larissa was established in 1983 under the 1404/84 Act. It belongs to the Higher Education and is a self - governing institution as a Legal Establishment of Public Domain. It was chartered originally as KATE (Centre of Higher Technological Education) set up under the 652/70 Act and later as KATEE (Centre of Higher Technological and Vocational Education) under the 576/74 Act.
The Technological Education Institute of Larissa has therefore grown to its present state from a single unit structure erected in 1974. Over 10,000 students are enrolled in the campus which is spread out over 1152 m2 not to mention the two annexes in Karditsa and Lamia.
The following is the list of scholars from Technological Educational Institute of Larissa who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences