GET THE APP
The University of Queretaro (now the Autonomous University of Queretaro) was founded in 1951 after the closing of the Civil School. Octavio S. Mondragón, then Governor of Querétaro, helped found the university, in the form of a High School, Law School, and Engineering School. In 1952, the School of Chemistry and the School of Nursing were formed. In 1953, the Institute of Fine Arts was formed, and in 1954 the School of Commerce began. On February 5, 1959, the university was declared autonomous. In 1967 the School of Psychology and the School of Modern Languages were created. The Cerro de las Campanas Campus became the main campus in December 1973. In 1978, the School of Medicine was founded; in 1984, Sociology; 1985, Veterinary; in 1978, both the School of Informatics (Computer Science) and the School of Philosophy. In 2010 the University opened its new Language Learning Facilities on the grounds of the old Ing. Fernando Espinoza Gutiérrez International Airport.