The Thomas J. Watson Research Center is the headquarters for IBM Research. The center is on three sites, with the main laboratory in Yorktown Heights, New York, which is 38 miles north of New York City, a building in Hawthorne, New York, and offices are present in Cambridge and Massachusetts. The center, headquarters of IBMs Research division, is named for both Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas Watson, Jr., who led IBM as president and CEO respectively from 1915 to 1971. The research is intended to improve hardware, services, software and systems as well as to extend the mathematics and science that support the information technology industry. The center was founded at Columbia University in 1945 as the Watson Scientific Computing Laboratory, on 116th Street in New York, expanding to 115th Street in 1953. More labs were later opened in Westchester County, New York beginning in the late 1950s with the temporary facility and research headquarters at the former Robert S. Lamb estate in Croton-on-Hudson, New York, with others in Yorktown Heights, and downtown Ossining. The new head office were finally located with a new lab in Yorktown Heights designed by architect Eero Saarinen completed in 1961, with the 115th Street site closing in 1970. IBM later donated the New York City buildings to Columbia University; they are now known as the Casa Hispanica and Watson Hall. The lab expanded to Hawthorne in 1984. The work done at the Center from 1960–1984 was named an IEEE Milestone in 2009.
The following is the list of scholars from Thomas J. Watson Research Center who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Thomas J. Watson Research Center that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.