Tungnan University is a private university located at Shenkeng District, new Taipei City, Taiwan. Primarily Tungnan University was developed as Tungnan Junior College of Technology in august 1970. It is promoted as Tungnan Institute of Technology in 2000 and later on it is finally developed into Tungnan University in 2005. Mr. Chiang Chih-Ping is the founder of Tungnan University. Lee, Ching-Yin is office of president. Main motto of the school is Loyalty, Honesty, Diligence and Persistent and with one mind attitude on education, serious discipline. Under the leadership of the founder and the motivation given by the past presidents along with this lot of efforts of the staff members school has achieved ranks numerous times. Currently, the Tungnan University is offering BS, BA, MS, and MBA degrees.
The study program is partitioned into four divisions:
1) The daytime Division
2) The night-time Division
3) The Division of Continuing and Extension Education Institute
4) The Division of Continuing Education College.
Four institutes and 19 departments are included in this educational program: These include the Institute of Mechanical Engineering, The Institute of Electronic Engineering, The Institute of Construction Technology and Hazards Mitigation, The Department of Leisure Management, The Department of Hospitality Management, The Department of Digital Media Design, The Department of Interior Design, The Department of Creative Product Design. Tungnan University's enrollment is approximately 7,500 students, all studying and growing together in the scenic area of Shenkeng Township, The Institute of Industrial Engineering, The Department of Electronic Engineering, The Department of Environmental Engineering, The Department of Energy and Refrigerating & Air-Condition Engineering, The Department of Industrial Management, The Department of Information Management, The Department of Electrical Engineering, The Department of Information Technology, The Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Department of Mechatronic Technology, The Department of Construction and Spatial Design, The Department of Business Administration, The Department of Travel and Ecotourism, The Department of Marketing and Logistics Management, The Department of Applied English. Approximately 7300 students are being growing together in the field of scenic area.
Division of Academic Affairs: Professor. Shui-Ken Wei (Vice President)
1) Management of the Administrative Affairs of the Office of Academic Affairs
2) Academic Affairs Meetings
3) Delivery of Official Documents
1) Enacting and amending relevant academic regulations
2) Handling the data management of student information
3) Handling the registration procedures for both freshman and transfer students
4) Handling the procedures for changing schools and majors
5) Handling the procedures for credit exemptions
Research and Development Division: Dean. Huang, Jen-Ching
1) Management of the Research and Development Affairs
2) Research and Development Affairs Meetings
1) Scholarships for Student Licenses and Certificates
2) Student Skills Competitions
3) Off-Campus Student Internships
4) Student Field Trips
5) Skills Certification Testing
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Tungnan University that are published in OMICS International journals.