About the university: INSTITUTE OF LISBON is a Portuguese public university institute, located in the centre of Lisbon in the University City campus. It was established in Lisbon in 1972 as ISCTE using the faculty and facilities of the Instituto de Estudos Sociais (Institute of Social Studies, founded in 1963) as a first step towards a new and innovative public university in Lisbon. Its present designation dates from 2009. From its creation ISCTE-IUL was authorized to grant the bachelor's degree and the licenciatura degree, which was granted after completion of a four to five years long program that often required writing a final dissertation and thus was roughly equivalent to the current master's degree, instituted as part of the Bologna process. About academics: ISCTE-IUL is made up of four schools:
• ISCTE-IUL Business School (IBS)
• School of Social and Human Sciences (ECSH)
• School of Sociology and Public Policy (ESPP)
• ISCTE-IUL School of Technology and Architecture (ISTA)
The ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa confers all levels of academic degrees in Anthropology, Sociology, History, Social Psychology, Political Science, Planning, Architecture, Economics, Finance, Business administration and Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Industrial Engineering, amongst many other post-graduate programs. University Statistics: ISCTE-IUL comprises about 9,000 students at both undergraduate and graduate levels and close to 350 professors. Administrative staff accounts to about 230.
Notable alumni and professors:
• Gustavo Cardoso - Sociologist and World Economic Forum's Young Global Leader in 2008 (Professor)
• João de Pina-Cabral - Anthropologist (former Professor)
• João Mário Grilo - Film director (former Sociology student)
• Manuel Carvalho da Silva - Leader of the General Confederation of the Portuguese Workers (former graduate student in Sociology) • Maria de Lurdes Rodrigues - Former Minister for Education (Professor and former student)
• Miguel Vale de Almeida - Anthropologist, LGBT activist and former deputy to the Assembly of the Republic(Professor)
The following is the list of scholars from UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LISBON who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LISBON that are published in OMICS International journals.