In the short form this university also called as UBU. It is a public university located in the city of Burgos from Spain Country.
The university of burgos was founded in 1994 when it was separated from University of Valladolid. From 1994-1997 it was governed by a management committee. And the chair person was Dr. Macros Sacistan Represa, he was the professor from the same university. Its first president was Professor Dr. José María Leal Villalba, from 1997 to 2008. His successor was Dr. Alfonso Murillo Villar.
The University of Burgos gives their service in eight different centres, from them five are own and three associated schools.
• School of Sciences
School of Economy and Business
•School of Law
•School of Humanities and Education
• School of Nursing
• School of Labour Relations
• School of Tourism
The above three are associated schools.
The university is also having one Research and development centre and three insitutes.
• Centre of "Research, Development and Innovation"(I+D+I) located in the Science and Technology Park
• Institute of Public Administration
• Institute of Restoration
• Institute for Training and Educational Innovation
University of Burgos is having about 10,000 students studying over 30 different undergraduate degrees, over 20 PhD Programmes, as well as several Official Masters and other graduate courses.
This University has nearly 10,000 students in two campuses.
San Amaro / Hospital del Rey and Rio Vena / Vigon.
Hospital del Rey located at the west of the city of Burgos towards Portugal and Leon. Rio Vena located at the north side of the city of Burgos in the direction of Cantabria N-623.
The university has 5 libraries throughout the campus, one located in each of the 5 academic centres:
School of Sciences, School of Law, School of Humanities and Education, the Polytechnic School and the School of Economy and Business where the university's main library is located. The libraries provide information resources for learning, teaching, research and training. It also participates in activities related to the management and operation of the university.
In 1997 the Theater was born at the University of Burgos scheduling various activities in an effort to complete the cultural education of the university community and the general public.
ICCRAM (International Research Centre in Critical Raw Materials for Advanced Industrial Technologies). University of Burgos (SPAIN).
• An International Excellence Research Centre in Critical Raw Materials for Industrial technologies with experts in CRMs substitution and advanced materials and technologies. MORE THAN 26 RESEARCH GROUPS, constituting an innovation core being part of several industrial clusters and with a board of 15 industries.
• Currently developing a FP7-NMP project – RADINTERFACES- designing a radiation damage resistant material based on nanostructured multilayers of immiscible alloys.
• Various previous projects in FP5 & FP6 and over 10 proposals submitted to H2020 & other european programmes