University of Urbino was found in the year 1506 when Duke Guidobaldo founded the “Collegio dei Dottori”. From that time it was continued to grow and develop.
The student body and faculties also increased gradually. It was under the fruitful presidency of Senator for Life, Carlo Bo. The university has now 20,000 students and it was well known for its quality of teaching and research.
The organization and the size of the university encourage a good and direct relationship between students and teachers which allows students to take an advantage of all the facilities and campus services. Urbino is the ideal Renaissance city which is very lively city for study and is well known campus town suited for student life.
The University of Urbino was formed from the Collegio dei Dottori which was active around the middle of fifteenth century.
In the year 1564, Pope Pius IV granted the College “leave to crown two poets laureate annually, to confer degrees in canon and civil law, to award the degree of academic qualifications in arts, medicine and in the other faculties recognized by the articles of University, and to appoint notaries”.
During the start of seventeenth century, the Collegio dei Dottori became a studio for public, a transformation given by Duke Francesco Maria II della Rovere.
In the year 1920, “Urbino University got recognition as an Independent University”. The University has to continue to do with student enrolment fee. Once the university got fully recognized as an independent university, Students gradually increased.
The following is the list of scholars from Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences