In October 1992, an Agroveterinary Institute attached to the Badji-Mokhtar University of Annaba, opened in El Tarf. Then in 2001 , it acquired its functional autonomy and was erected in the University Center by executive decree (creation decree n ° 01-276 of 30 Joumada Ethania 1422 corresponding to 18 September 2001 ( OJ n ° 53 of 18.09.2001 pages 18 -19 )). It consisted of two institutes: the Institute of Veterinary Sciences and the Institute of Agricultural Sciences. The university center of El Tarf was reinforced with other specialties, by virtue of the executive decree n ° 06-279 of August 16, 2006 ( OG N ° 52 of August 20, 2006, Page 9 ), which defines the number and vocation of the institutes. In June 2012 , the University of El Tarf was created by virtue of Executive Decree No. 12-242 of 14 Radjab 1433 corresponding to June 4, 2012 establishing the University of El Tarf ( OJ No. 35 of June 20, 2012 ), and it is composed of the six faculties. In October 2014 , the University of El Tarf is called " Chadli Bendjedid University " in accordance with the decision n ° 01/14 of 29 Dhou-al-Hijah, corresponding to 23 October 2014 issued by the ministry of mujahideen, bearing denomination academic institutions.