U.S.A. Technikum Wien has become founded in 1994 and in 2000 it has come to be the first organization in Vienna to acquire the fame of a university of executed sciences. It has come to be a member of the European university association (EUA) in 2012 and is also a community accomplice of feei – affiliation of the electrical and electronics industries.
With around 9,000 graduates thus far and extra or less four,000 college students, the university of implemented sciences Technikum Wien is Austria’s biggest in fundamental terms technical university of carried out sciences. The academic services include thirteen bachelors and 18 master’s degree programs, which might be supplied as complete-time, element-time and/or distance have a study packages. 8 diploma programs are taught in english. The instructional services are based on a solid scientific basis and are also workout-orientated. At united statestechnikum Wien, emphasis is not simplest located on presenting a terrific technical education, but additionally on topics with a focal point on business enterprise and personal improvement. Close ties and collaborations with commercial enterprise and enterprise supply university students and graduates extraordinary profession possibilities. The combination of precept and practical software is of imperative importance in every research and education.
The research and development activities at UAS Technikum Wien have grown significantly in recent years and currently concentrate on our research focuses:
• Embedded Systems & Cyber-Physical Systems,
• Renewable Urban Energy Systems,
• Secure Services, e-Health & Mobility,
• Tissue Engineering & Molecular Life Science Technologies,
• Automation & Robotics.
• Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master)
• Healthcare and Rehabilitation Technology (Master)
• Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (Master)
Tissue Engineering and Molecular Life Science Technologies:-
The risks confronted by way of the surroundings are as complex and diverse as people who pose a risk to human health. The best way to develop sustainable solution techniques is to accumulate knowledge of the underlying molecular strategies. The important thing r&d area of molecular life technological know-how technology is predicated on the technology of biochemistry to plot tactics which can be based on molecular and mobile biology techniques.
Tissue engineering makes it possible to replace damaged or destroyed tissue in patients by way of growing new functional tissue from wholesome cells in the laboratory. Within the discipline of regenerative medication, it is often the stem cells which can be stimulated to reap regeneration. Cells also can be used as biosensors and detection structures for detecting hormonally lively substances inside the environment. With its reliance on cells and easy organisms inclusive of microorganism or algae, ecotoxicology makes it possible to estimate the extent of hazard posed by chemical compounds in the environment. Inside this context, molecular biology techniques are used to examine the effect of undesirable materials on people and the surroundings.
Competencies in the area of Tissue Engineering & Molecular Life Science Technologies:
1. Tissue engineering
• Biomaterials as bioactive 3D scaffolds with modifications for improved cell adhesion
• Bioreactors for the mechanical stimulation of muscle, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage
• Signal transduction/mechanotransduction models in 3D cell culture for optimized control of functional tissue regrowth
• Cellular disease models for reducing animal experimentation
2. Regenerative therapies
• Ascertaining how extracorporeal shockwave therapy works on skeletomuscular diseases and chronic wounds
• Using adult stem cells in cell therapies
3. Cell culture methods and molecular biology methods
• Methods for isolating primary cells from tissue
• Differentiation of adult stem cells in 2D and 3D cell culture systems
• Isolation and quantitation of proteins and nucleic acids
• Genome editing using the CRISPR/Cas system
4. Ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry
• Cell culture assays for quantitating hormonally active substances in environmental samples
• Eco toxicological test methods
• Design and development of cell-based microsystems and biochips.