At the turn of the 20th century it was recognized that the University of Manitoba needed to be both a degree granting and teaching university and to do so it would need to have its own faculty members and facilities. To that end a science building was built on Broadway, where Memorial Park is now located, in 1901. In 1904 the university hired its first dedicated faculty, to teach in the newly created Faculty of Science. The new faculty members were supported by a gift from Lord Strathcona who, like Isbister, was willing to step forward and support something he believed in. Affectionately known as the university’s original six, the new science professors included A.H.R. Buller, botany and geology, Frank Allen, physics and mineralogy, M.A. Parker, chemistry, R. R. Cochrane, mathematics, Swale Vincent, physiology, and Gordon Bell, bacteriology. The new faculty members took their positions seriously, establishing public lectures to build links between the university and the community.
The following is the list of scholars from University of Manitoba Winnipeg who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from University of Manitoba Winnipeg that are published in OMICS International journals.