The University of ilina was established on October 1, 1953 as the College of Railways in Prague. In 1959 the institution changed its name to the University of Transport and moved to ilina. As a result of the increasing role of communications within the curriculum and research orientation of the University, the name was amended to the University of Transport and Communications in 1980. The University envisages an establishment and gradual development of new courses and curricula reflecting advances in science and technology. Development of lifelong learning and continuing education programs will become one of the main tasks in the near future. Continuing and distance education at the University will focus on the demands and requirements of Slovak industry and the public and social sectors of services.
The following is the list of articles by scholars from University of Zilina that are published in OMICS International journals.