The W.K. Kellogg Foundation was founded in June 1930 as the W.K. Kellogg Child Welfare Foundation by breakfast cereal pioneer Will Keith Kellogg. In 1934, Kellogg donated more than $66 million in Kellogg Company stock and other investments to the W.K. Kellogg Trust ($7.0 billion in 2015 dollars. As with other endowments, the yearly income from this trust funds the foundation. In the early 21st century, the foundation is the seventh largest philanthropic foundation in the U.S. In 2005, the foundation reported that the total assets of the foundation and its trust were US$7.3 billion; about US$5.5 billion of this was in Kellogg Company stock. The foundation funded US$243 million in grants and programs in its 2005 fiscal year. 82% of this was spent in the United States; 9% in southern Africa; and 9% in Latin America and the Caribbean.In 1996, it supplied a multi-year grant worth $750,000 2015 dollars to start mass salt fluoridation programs which were then carried out by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), covering 350 million people in Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, and Venezuela. The project was part of a multi-year plan launched by PAHO in 1994 to “fluoridate the entire Region of the Americas”. More recently, they have provided funding for HealthCorps to prevent childhood obesity by encouraging students to take personal responsibility for their health and wellness.