York faculty was based in 1890 by the United Brethren Church. In 1946 the merger of the United Brethren Church and therefore the Evangelical Church (see Evangelical Association) transferred management of the college to the Evangelical United Brethren Church. In 1956 the church transferred management to members of the Churches of Christ. the faculty has quite seven,500 alumni. Average fall semester enrollment is around 450 undergraduates. Facilities embrace the Bartholomew humanities Center (built in 2015) that is home for the music and theater departments; the Campbell Activity Center (built in 2012) that provides a home for chapel, intramurals and alternative student events; the Holthus Field House (built in 2003), a 35,000 square-foot indoor athletics apply facility; and therefore the Kiplinger residences and Josiah Willard Gibbs Hall (both in-built 2006), apartment-style residence halls for higher classmen. The Mackey Center (built in 1998) contains a promptly acknowledgeable tower and includes the admissions workplace, eating house and therefore the Clayton deposit of Ancient History that includes the Stanback assortment. together with newer facilities, the field additionally includes many classic faculty structures in-built the first twentieth century. although not originally a part of field, the Prayer Chapel (built in 1901) was enraptured from its original website in 1999, renovated and is currently a attentiveness for the faculty and therefore the House of York community. A well-developed park-like setting unifies the field, providing an excellent atmosphere for field activities and learning.