Zhejiang University of Water Resources and Electric Power was founded in 1953 named as Hangzhou Hydropower School, and as Zhejiang Electric Power College in1958, and then developed into Zhejiang Water Conservancy and Hydropower College with approval of Zhejiang Peoples Government in 1984. It shares joint leadership and management by the Provincial Office of Water Resources and the Provincial Office of Education. After 50 years of continuous progress, especially in the past 10 years of hard work, the University has achieved remarkable successes, and formed a pretty distinctive characteristic of its schooling. The University is aiming to train higher applied personnel with special skills, to meet the needs of water conservancy and hydropower industry and area economic development. Teaching faculties in the college are excellent, with 9,000 registry students and 520 staff, including 53 professors, and 142 associate professors of 440 full-time teachers. More than 50 years, ZJWEU, known as the cradle of personnel training in Zhejiang water conservancy and hydropower, has educated a large number of professional personnel with higher skills for the society. It strives for the development and cultivation of high-quality technology talents for the country. Cluster research is one of the priorities for the sustainable development of Zhejiang University, which is a strong advocate of interdisciplinary research initiatives that involve faculty and students from many units on campus.