As per available reports about 40 journals, 190 Conferences, 48 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Western Medicine and about 4,49,065 articles are being published on the current trends in Western Medicine. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil, Canada and many European countries are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to Western Medicine are being carried out. According to Macmillan Dictionary, Western Medicine are the type of medical treatment that is the most popular in North America and Western European countries, based on the use of drugs and surgery to treat symptoms. In such countries, other types of medical treatment are called alternative medicine or complementary medicine.
The International Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS publishing GROUP – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in Western Medicine. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The International Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of Western Medicine, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS publishing GROUP – a pioneer in organizing international conferences is supporting 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation July 14-16, 2014 in Baltimore, USA. The scientific program focused on Diet and Physical Health, Physical Health and Chronic Health Condition, Sports Injury and Rehabilitation, Industrial Health and Management, Pain and Injury Management, Exercise and Trauma, Disability and Management Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation Techniques, Population and Human Health Neurologic Disorders, Spinal Cord Injury.
List of major Western Medicine and related journals
- Western Journal of Emergency Medicine
- University Of Western Ontario Medical Journal
- The American Journal of Medicine
- Oxford journal of Medicine & Health
- The American Journal of Medical Sciences
List of major Western Medicine and related conferences
- 12th European Congress of Internal Medicine
- 5th Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine
- 7th European Congress for Integrative Medicine
- 8th European Congress on tropical Medicine and International Health.
List of major Western Medicine related research centers
- Centre for Education Research & Innovation Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- East West Medical Research Institute
- Harry Parkins Institute of Medical Research
- The Stanley Medical research Institute
List of major Western Medicine related societies
- Western Carolina Medical Society
- The British Medical Acupuncture Society
- Western - Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- The Royal Society of Medicine
List of major Western Medicine related workshops
- Medsim 2014
- Workshops - Columbia University Medical Center
- Summer Workshops : Saint Louis University: School of medicine
- Primary Care Workshop, KU School of Medicine