AUT was originally founded as Auckland Technical School in 1895, offering evening classes only. Daytime classes began in 1906 and its name was altered to Auckland Technical College. In 1913 it was renamed Seddon Memorial Technical College. In the early 1960s educational reforms resulted in the parting of secondary and tertiary teaching; two educational establishments were formed; the tertiary (polytechnic) adopting the name Auckland Technical Institute (ATI) in 1963 and the secondary school continuing with the same name. For three years they co-existed on the same site, but by 1964 the secondary school had moved to a new site in Western Springs and finally became Western Springs College. In 1989 ATI became Auckland Institute of Technology (AIT), and the current name was adopted when university standing was approved in 2000.
Editors, Contributors and Speakers 
The following is the list of scholars from Auckland University of Technology who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences