As per available reports about 30 journals, 15 Conferences and 1 workshop are presently dedicated exclusively to Travel Medicine and about 1462 articles are being published on the current trends in Travel Medicine. In terms of research annually, USA, UK, France, Brazil and India are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to travel medicine are being carried out. As reported in Travel Health Services article, Travel Medicine is an interdisciplinary specialty concerned with the prevention and management of health problems associated with travel. The travel health practitioner is an expert in destination specific health risks and preventative measures. Travel medicine specialists address and respond to travellers’ disease, epidemic and vaccination issues, and monitor governmental and regulatory agencies such as the CDC and WHO.
The Journal of Infectious Diseases & Therapy is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in Travel Medicine. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Infectious Diseases & Therapy provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of Travel Medicine, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International - a pioneer in organizing international conferences is associated with international conference "2nd International Congress on Bacteriology and Infectious Diseases" (Bacteriology -2014) to be held during November 17-19, 2014, Chicago, USA with a theme “Current Concepts and Diagnosis in Bacteriology”.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major Travel Medicine and related journals
- Journal of Infectious Diseases & Therapy
- Journal of Travel Medicine
- Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease
- International Journal of Travel Medicine and Global Health
- Air Medical Journal
- International Medical Travel Journal
- International Journal of Tropical and Travel Medicine
List of major Travel Medicine and related conferences
- 10th Asia Pacific Travel Health Conference (APTHC 2014)
- 5th Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine
- 11th Asia Pacific Travel Health Conference
- The Conference of the International Society of Travel Medicine
- South African Society of Travel Medicine (SASTM) 18-21 September 2014 in Durban, South Africa
List of major Travel Medicine and related workshops
- Seeking Answers: Resources for Travel CISTM 13 - Monday, 20 May 2013 Medicine
List of major Travel Medicine and related societies
- The Infectious Diseases Society of America
- The Asia Pacific Travel Health Society
- Canadian Society for International Health
- Italian Society of Travel Medicine
- Latin American Society of Travel Medicine
- British Travel Health Association
List of major Travel Medicine and related research institutes
- Bloomsbury Research Institute
- Institute Of Immunity & Transplantation
- The Ella Institute for Treatment and Research of Melanoma and Skin Cancer
- The Institute For Altitude Medicine
- International Vaccine Institute, Mexico
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on September 19, 2020