Assumption College was founded in 1904 by the Augustinians of the Assumption, a Catholic order under the Augustinian Rule dedicated to service through teaching. The original campus was in the Greendale section of Worcester, on a tract of hillside land. In these early years, enrolment was exclusively male, primarily of French-Canadian heritage. Most courses were taught in French, with only a small number taught in English. In 1969, Assumption became a coeducational institution, allowing both laymen and -women into the faculty, and female students into its programs of study. The Institute was founded by Father Wilfrid J. Dufault, A.A., the late chancellor emeritus of the College, and Dr. Claire Quintal, founding director emerita, to preserve the French heritage of Assumption College and of the New England region. The Institute is both an academic research facility and a center for French cultural activities. Although its main goals are to foster the preservation and study of the records of the history and cultural traditions of French ethnicity on this continent, the name "French Institute" was chosen to encompass the entire Francophone world.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Assumption College that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.