GET THE APP
The Dr Stephen Hui Research Centre for Physical Recreation and Wellness was established and inaugurated on 27 December 1996. The University is the pioneer in the area of providing professional training for workers in the field of health fitness and recreational management. Since this is a new field not only in Hong Kong but also in the Asian countries, it is essential that research projects be conducted in this area to generate data for teaching and to provide norms for information and comparison. The focus on the development of physical recreation is important because it represents both the means and the ends of achieving wellness and increased productivity. The establishment of the Research Centre would further enhance the linkage between research and instruction, as well as in the exchange of ideas and dissemination of research findings.
• Certificate in Fitness Instruction • Community Sports Club Management Development Programme Foundation Course • Community Sports Club Management Development Programme Advanced Course • Skills Upgrading Scheme Courses
The focus on the development of physical recreation and wellness will be highlighted with research in the following areas:
• Administrative system and policy on promotion and development of wellness through physical recreation past, present and future as well as from a comparative perspective.
• Acquisition of lifetime sports and recreation, and the role of school, national sports associations, clubs and other agencies.
• Physiological implications of various liftetime sports and recreation on achieving wellness.
• The prevention of obesity.
• The incidence of injuries, physiological demands of various activities, and the influence of gender and age on various physiological parameters.
• Development of recreation facilities at housing projects of various sizes and income levels.
The following is the list of scholars from Dr. Stephen Hui Research Centre for Physical Recreation and Wellness who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences