Eastern Illinois University is a state university located in Charleston, Illinois, United States. Established in 1895 as the Eastern Illinois State Normal School, a teacher's college offering a two-year degree, Eastern Illinois University gradually expanded into a comprehensive university with a broad curriculum, including Baccalaureate and Master's degrees in education, business, arts, sciences, and humanities. Eastern Illinois University is located in Charleston, Coles County, Illinois just off Interstate 57, about 50 miles south of Champaign and about 40 miles north of Effingham. The university is easily identified by its iconic landmark, Old Main, at its location on 600 Lincoln Avenue. Eastern Illinois Normal School was established by the Illinois State Legislature in 1895 "to train teachers for the schools of East Central Illinois." A 40-acre campus was acquired in Charleston and the first building was commissioned. When the school began classes in 1899, there were 125 students and an 18-member faculty. The first building was finished in 1899  and is called Old Main, though it is formally named the Livingston C. Lord Administration Building in honor of EIU's first president, who served from 1899 to 1933. Built of Indiana limestone in a heavy Gothic revival style with turrets, towers, and battlements, its distinctive outline is the official symbol of the school. Old Main is one of "Altgeld's castles", five buildings built in the 1890s at the major Illinois state colleges. Governor John Peter Altgeld was instrumental in funding the Illinois university system, and he was especially fond of the Gothic style. Eastern's "Old Main" and Illinois State University's Cook Hall are the only schools where the "castle" is not named after Altgeld. Other original Gothic Revival buildings include Booth Library and Blair Hall. Through the twentieth century, the school changed its name several times in order to reflect its transition from a teachers college into a muti-purpose institution that could be of wider service to Illinois. Thus, Eastern Illinois State Normal School became Eastern Illinois State Teachers College in 1921, which then became Eastern Illinois State College in 1947. In 1957, the Illinois General Assembly changed the name of the institution to Eastern Illinois University.
The following is the list of scholars from Eastern Illinois University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Eastern Illinois University that are published in OMICS International journals.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Eastern Illinois University that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.