Jain University is a Deemed university under the UGC Act, 1956 established in Bangalore, India and promoted by The JGI Group in India and the state of Karnataka. It is a member of the Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific and is certified ISO 9001:2008 for quality management. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities. It also has Jain International Residential School, Bangalore (JIRS), a premier school at the Jain Global Campus.
The university includes the following colleges and centers, all in Bangalore, unless otherwise noted: Center for Management Studies, CMS Business school, School of Engineering and Technology - Jain University, Center for Post Graduate Studies, Centre for Research in Social Science and Education, Centre for Emerging Technologies, Centre for Nano and Material Sciences, Centre for Research in Pure and Applied Sciences, Centre for Disaster Mitigation, Centre for Ancient Indian History & Culture, Centre for Indian Psychology, Centre for Advanced Studies in Biosciences, Chenraj Roychand Centre for Entrepreneurship and International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management
• To foster human development through excellence in Quality education, Research and Entrepreneurial Development Mission:
• To provide quality education, creating human Assets/ Manpower and Intellectual capital.
• To enhance research and development in different disciples
• To develop new generation entrepreneurs who will be instrumental in fuelling economics growth
• To create able Leaders, Managers and Technocrats
• To foster an ethical environment founded on human values in which both spirit and skill will thrive to enrich the quality of life Facts and Figures: • Jain University has been ranked No. 5 among the top private universities in India (India Today- Nielson Best Universities Survey, 2015).
• Jain University was started in 1990 as Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College in Bangalore, India.
• The unitary and sprawling global campus of JU has 300 acres of main campus area and 1,31,399 sq. mts of built-up area which is located in Bangalore- Kanakpura Main Road, Ramanagara District.
• The student population of Jain University is more than 9098 students with around 1000 residential students, 200 International students, highly experiences faculty and 5 huge campuses.
• Jain University is outstanding in research and offers various research degrees and currently 48 research projects are ongoing.
• Jain University has signed 66 useful MOUs and agreements with various Academic Institutions,Research and Development Organisations and Industries.
• To promote entrepreneurship amongst the students, the university has set up “Chenraj Roychand Center for Entrepreneurship” that bringa together academics, student entrepreneurs and incubated companies for the study and practice of entrepreneurship. Today, the center has 50 incubated businedd ventures.
• Pioneer in developing innovative learning methodologies- TEL ( Technology Enabled Learning) for its program.
• The University has initiated KALARAVA, a special psychological counsellimg center with play therapy section offers services to general public.
• Jain University has the highest placement record and around 90% of the students placed in reputed companies.
• Jain University library has 1,11,366 Books, 278 Annual Periodicals, 28518 E- journals.
• 18 In-house projects, 38 Consultancy Projects, 12 Industry Projects.
• 1642 Paper presentations in National & International Conferences, Seminars.
• 1059 Publications in National & International Journals.
The following is the list of scholars from Jain University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences