Jamia Millia Islamia university was established by nationalist Muslim leaders in 1920. Its campus was located in South Delhi. The university provides undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate courses. Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Arabic language, Jamia means University, and Millia means Community.
The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located was New Delhi—offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialised areas—is a saga of dedication, conviction and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice,” said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India.
Departments: Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension, Applied Art, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Arabic, Architecture, Art Education, Art History & Art Appreciation, Biosciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Business Studies, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Studies, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, English, Geography, Graphic Art, Hindi, istory and Culture, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Painting, Persian, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sculpture, Social Work, Sociology, Teacher Training & Non-formal Education, Tourism, Hotel, Hospitality and Heritage Studies, Urdu University and Polytechnic
Faculties: Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, Dentistry, Education, Engineering and Technology, Fine Arts, Humanities and Languages, Law, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences
Jamia Millia Islamia also imparts education from Nursery to Senior Secondary level.
• Balak Mata Centres
• Gerda Philipsborn Day Care Centre
• Mushir Fatma Jamia Nursery School
• Jamia Middle School
• Jamia Senior Secondary School
• Syed Abid Husain Senior Secondary School
• Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School In 2006 the Sultan of Saudi Arabia paid a visit to the university and donated $30 million for construction of a library .Now,that library is known as Zakir Husain Library and is one of the finest library of India containing thousands of manuscripts, journals, research papers and books from many fields. The universitys scenic cricket ground (popularly known as the Bhopal Ground) has hosted Ranji Trophy matches and a womens cricket test match. Besides its seven faculties, the Jamia has centres of learning and research, like the Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC), Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Fine Arts,Centre for Theoretical Physics and the Academy of Third World Studies (ATWS). The Jamia offers undergraduate and postgraduate information and technology courses.
The following is the list of scholars from Jamia Millia Islamia university who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Jamia Millia Islamia university that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.