King Georges Medical College was established in 1911. During 1905, George V, The prince of wales started the idea of establishing the college. Sir Harcourt Butler, took the whole responsibility in building up the organisation. The College buildings consisted of a fine Administrative Block, an Anatomical block, a combined Pathological and Physiological block and a Medico-Legal Department. As the construction of the college was completed then hospital was also built on the same name with 232 beds.
The departments include faculty of medical sciences and faculty of dental sciences. For the first time in 1922 the degrees granted to the successful students was the M.B.B.S. Lucknow instead of the M.B.B.S. Allahabad, as hitherto. From 1922, the College and the Hospital has expanded in several directions with a comprehensive museum of microscopic and macroscopic pathology has been created and an X-Ray and Electro-therapeutic Section for Hospital out-patients were opened in 1928.
On 16th September 2002 an Act was passed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh resulting in a change in the history of the institution in converting and upgrading it as “Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj” Medical University. Finally the government of Uttar Pradesh decided to revert the name of the medical university from C.S.M. Medical University to K.G. Medical University in the last week of October 2003.
The following is the list of scholars from King Georges Medical University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from King Georges Medical University that are published in OMICS International journals.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from King Georges Medical University that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.