The National Orthopaedic Hospital is one of the most famous hospitals located in the city of Igbobi, Lagos, Nigeria. The Hospital started as a military rehabilitation camp for wounded soldiers during the second world war. It was named the Royal Orthopaedic Hopital, Lagos in 1956 when HRM Queen Elizabeth II visited and donated the Casualty and a Hydrotherapy pool. With the immense contribution of the pioneering medical workers, the hospital had been well known in Nigeria and in the West African sub-region for treatment of fractures and orthopaedic deformities before the Federal Government took it over in 1977.
The hospital was designated a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Health by the Decree 91 of 1979 which created the Orthopaedic Hospital Management Board to manage the three orthopaedic hospitals in Lagos, Enugu and kano.
Developments in clinical service delivery included the introduction of Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Services in 1982. This was to cope with the managment of associated soft tissue and trauma and reconstructive challenges posed by burns victims. The hospital has a clear vision of being a centre of excellence in provision of comprehensive healthcare delivery and training in orthopaedic, trauma and plastic surgery. The speciality has developed as the second core surgical speciality with improved capacity in micro-surgery and dedicated acute burn care.
The following is the list of scholars from National Orthopaedic Hospital who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from National Orthopaedic Hospital that are published in OMICS International journals.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from National Orthopaedic Hospital that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.