Rua da Glória, on the corner of Student Street, the tenth day of October 1876, the Administrative Board shall, by lack of space and excessive sick, the Brotherhood of Santa Casa São Paulo Mercy should move a new building with enough space to cater to everyone who needed and available space for possible future expansion. On the first day of October, 1878, at five in the afternoon, a plot of farm called Bladder, with the presence of Emperor D. Pedro II (first donor to build the new hospital) and Empress Dona Maria Theresa Christina, launched the foundation stone of the construction of the new Hospital of Charity of Santa Casa de São Paulo. However, on March 21 1881, after pressure from the local press, with proper royal permission and deliberation of the committee in charge of new construction, the foundation stone was moved to new and better place, Arouche District. On August 31, 1884, even not being completely finalized, it was inaugurated Hospital Arouche, designed by architect Luiz Pucci (architect also responsible for building the Ipiranga Museum). A new hospital arose to meet the demands of a city growing at very fast pace and without structure to meet public health. Its been 130 years and the Central Hospital (as is now called) has grown and established itself as one of the most important centers of reference hospital in the state of São Paulo, having been a pioneer in many areas of health care and education Brazilian
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Santa Casa de Sao Paulo that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.