Opened in 1956 through the stimulus of the Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur and a group of dedicated lay people in partnership with the Diocese of Dallas, the University of Dallas is a Catholic institution welcoming students of all faiths. Offering a comprehensive list of bachelor's, master’s, doctoral and continuing education programs, the university attracts highly motivated students from throughout the nation and the world.
UD currently enrolls more than 1,300 undergraduate students and 1,200 graduate students from across the U.S. and the world. The university has been consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities and enjoys a spot in the list of the top 10 Catholic colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report and in the top 15 Catholic colleges nationwide by Forbes. UD’s summer programs for gifted high school students are ranked in the top 20 in the nation.
The schools and colleges of the University of Dallas
• Constantin College of Liberal Arts
• Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business
• Braniff Graduate School of Liberal Arts
• Ann & Joe O. Neuhoff School of Ministry
Recognition & Rankings
U.S. News & World Report
UD has been identified as one of America’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 Best Colleges rankings. More specifically, the university was recognized as:
• 12 among 124 other regional universities in the West Region
• 1 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• 2 among 30 other regional universities in Texas
• 7 among Catholic universities in the Western region
• a “Best Value School” in the West Region (eighth of 15 colleges and universities)
UD was named one of America’s Best Colleges in the most recent annual rankings of public and private colleges by Forbes magazine. Our ranking places us:
• 276 among all colleges and universities
• 55 among all colleges and universities in the south
• 7 among all Texas private colleges and universities
• 3 among all colleges and universities in Dallas/Fort Worth
We were also identified as one of the 300 schools worth the investment by virtue of our placement on the Best Value Colleges 2016.
• 176 among all colleges and universities
• 2 among all colleges and universities in Dallas/Fort Worth. UD was also identified as one of “America's Most Entrepreneurial Colleges” by Forbes magazine.
• 2 among all small colleges and universities
The following is the list of scholars from UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences