GET THE APP
The Institute of Critical Care Medicine was founded in 1961 by Doctors Max Harry Weil and the late Herbert S. Shubin as a non-profit public foundation at the University of Southern California School of Medicine. It was incorporated in the State of California in 1975. The Institute’s predecessor in 1959 initiated the nation’s first cardiovascular resuscitation ward as part of the USC School of Medicine at the Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center, and at the USC sponsored Center of the Critically Ill at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. The Institute has been awarded 24 U.S. patents. Research continues in medical engineering for the development of more effective life-saving and "humane" devices for intensive care units and portable CPR defibrillation devices. The Weil Institute has trained, sponsored and funded more than 350 young physicians and postdoctoral students from all over the world over the last 40 years through the Institute Fellowship Training Program.
The following is the list of scholars from Weil Institute of Critical Care Medicine who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences